Monday, January 11, 2010

What is going on today?!

I hurt my foot last week somehow...no clue. Just started gradually hurt more and more all of last week until it became almost unbearable to put pressure on it. It was a little better this morning...which makes sense because I planned on going to the doctor about it, so of course it doesn't hurt as much...of course.
I walked (read: hobbled) over to the infirmary to make an appointment at 1P. The receptionist asks if i'd like an appointment at 4P or wait to see the triage nurse. I say, 4P. She overrides my vote and says that there's only 1 person ahead of me and I should wait for the triage nurse. I sheepishly acquiesce and sit down. About 10 minutes later, my name's called and the nurse asks why I'm there. I describe my pain and start to undo my boot...when she stops me and says "You don't need to do that." ... Come again? (TWSS) You're a nurse...you asked me what's wrong...and you don't want to see it? (TWSS...NO TIME, NO TIME!) She took my blood pressure and temperature, apparently necessary for foot pain, and sent me back out in the waiting room and said I should expect to see someone at 15oP...i.e., 35 minutes. How stupid of me to have forgotten the pre-nurse portion of the medical experience.
So 150ish rolls around, get called in. He actually takes a look at my foot, which was reassuring. What made the situation hilarious was having my boot/sock off and he had my foot in his lap
and was rubbing it with his finger/thumb to feel where something was wrong. If someone had walked in, all they would have seen is me getting an awkward foot massage while he was trying to get to know me a little better by talking about my job. Super.
Long story short, there's no reason my foot should hurt and there's not a whole lot to do about it, which I knew/expected.
On top of this, Sarah Palin got a television deal, Mark McGwire admitted to steroid use, Simon Cowell is quitting American Idol, and for some reason Jay Leno is getting his time slot back. I hope Conan fucks NBC over so hard they can't walk for days. That's what she said, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home