Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Possible Foray into Creative Writing?

On Tuesdays in the spr-umm-all (June 15-October 26) there is a farmer's market outside my building with delicious baked goods. I went to go get a chocolate chip cookie yesterday when it randomly decided to pour for 10 minutes. I aborted the mission and came back inside. Here's the google chat that ensued:

me: a torrential downpour just thwarted my cookie purchasing
1:10 PM Kally: that is an excellent sentence.
that's the beginning of a really funny story.
1:11 PM like. in a book.
i'm not demanding that you tell me a story.

1:12 PM me: It was a dark and stormy night.
A torrential downpour just thwarted my cookie purchasing.

1:13 PM Kally: yes. exactly.
that is comedy gold.
or. you know. it could be.

1:14 PM me: It was a dark and stormy night.
A torrential downpour just thwarted my cookie purchasing. Now Livinia will certainly divorce me.
1:15 PM Or worse, send me back out in a second attempt
Cookies and I have never gotten along.
Ever.
1:16 PM Ever since my first lunch in kindergarten, when Steven Billings took my perfectly packaged oreos out of my lunch for "bully tax".
Straight through today...per usual.

1 Comments:

Anonymous elizabeth said...

I feel like the last is the plot for an illustrated laughing square in The New Yorker.

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home